Are you someone who wants to start writing a blog? Have you started a blog but somehow it fizzled out? Well now is your chance to get it moving!
On Friday, September 1st 2017, some colleagues of mine and I will begin blogging every week day of the month. There are 21 week days in September. You are encouraged to join us.
I wrote about my “why” for daily blogging in this post.
Guidelines (not rules)
- Read through all of the prompts before you begin day one
- Try to write at least 400 words in each post
- Create for yourself a “content garden” where you can fill in ideas as you have them and grow the posts a little at a time before writing out the full post
- If you need examples to get you started, check out http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ or http://acuff.me/
- If you get thrown by the prompt for a particular day and can’t come up with anything, write about something else. It is better to write than to be right.
- Link back to this post at the bottoms of each of your posts and encourage others to join you.
- Also link back to your day one post where you describe why you are doing this challenge
- If you have any questions you can Contact Me
Prompts (One each weekday in September)
- Write about the challenge and why you are doing it
- Describe FIVE things you have done that you never thought you could do
- Describe FIVE people you admire
- Describe FIVE things you want out of a relationship
- Write about a film or book that has stayed with you
- Write about your first job and what it taught you
- Write an open letter to your 15-year-old self
- Write about the best boss you have ever had
- Write about what you’d do if money suddenly wasn’t a problem and/or societal expectations didn’t exist
- Write about the assumptions people make about you
- Describe FIVE things you wish others knew about you
- Name what is enough for you
- Reflect on an old photo and write about it. How does it make you feel? What thoughts jump to mind?
- List FIVE things you love and why
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What is one/a few of the funniest thing(s) you have ever seen or heard?
- Write your bucket list
- Write about the place you grew up
- What lessons are you currently learning?
- What would you like more of in your life? less?
- Write about the challenge we did and what you learned/discovered
(EDIT: The prompt “How do you manage stress? What tips would you share with others?” was removed to make way for the new #21 “Write about the challenge we did and what you learned/discovered”)